Cup Series > Vic Cup Series
New in 2014
Feedback from drivers rated the 2013 Vic Cup Series as a great success! So we've expanded the 2014 series:
1. Metro Hobbies have come on board as the major sponsor. Please support them. Check out the Metro Hobbies online store.
2. The series has grown from 5 tracks to 9 tracks.
3. The series now includes Touring Cars and Mini in addition to F1.
4. With so many races the year has been split into two "Seasons". Drivers accumulate points at each Round. There will be a podium for each class for each Season as well as an overall podium per class for the year.
5. Club points has been introduced to determine a winning club for 2014.
Round 2 - Sun 13 Apr at WCRCMCC (Geelong) - Results
Round 3 - Sun 18 May at VRCCR (Keilor) - demo class 1/8 Thunder Tiger Mini - Results
Round 4 - Sun 15 Jun at Adrenalin Arena (Dandenong) - Results
Season 1 is now complete - For Season 1 your worst round was dropped (best 3 out of 4 counted).
Round 6 - Sat 13 Sep at WRCCC (Wodonga) - incorporating the annual Interstate Showdown between NSW / VIC - Results
Round 9 - Sun 30 Nov at MPRCCC (Bittern) - Results
For Season 2 your worst two rounds will be dropped (best 3 out of 5 to count).
For Overall points across both Seasons your worst four Rounds will be dropped (best 5 out of 9 to count).
- F1 - obviously :)
- All VORTEC classes: Touring Cars - 540 Pro/21.5 Blinky, 21.5, 13.5, Open, and Mini
- Any demo classes the host club wishes to hold - however, series points will not be counted for demo classes
Team Championship - F1 Only
In addition to the individual competition, F1 entrants may optionally enter the team competition. Based on the full scale F1 constructors championship, teams of 2 may use the same body shell paint scheme but paint the drivers helmet and car numbers differently, and enter the Team Championship. Points earned individually will also count in the Team Championship. Teams may be real life or fictional team names. First come, first served for team names (however teams from last year get first call on the name they used last year). Team shirts are optional but check out the photos below:
Each Round drivers will receive a ranking from First to Last in each class. First in each class earns 50 points, 2nd 49 points, etc.
- F1 - The F1 National Rules will be used with the following amendments: Rubber tyres only
- Other Classes -VORTECrules. Any rubber tyres may be used.
Most of the Rounds will be run on normal club days using the club day racing format of the host club. Most clubs run 2 x 6 minute qualifiers and 3 x 6 minute finals.
The following Rounds are not being run on club days:
- Round 6 - Saturday - Wodonga
- Round 7 - Saturday - Boronia
- Round 8 - Sunday - Bendigo
- When entering, drivers may optionally nominate a club to receive their drivers points.
- Results from the top 4 drivers from each club, for each Round, will be added together to give club points. These club points will determine the Overall winning club for the year.
- You don't need to be a member of a club to contribute your points to that club.
Medals and Trophies
- Rounds: Medals or trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and TQ will be presented at every round for every class. So each round is also a stand-alone event.
- Seasons: Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd for each class for each season.
- Overall: Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd for each class for the year. Also the winning club has their name added to the Vic Cup Series Shield and may display it at their club for 12 months.
- F1 Team Championship: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and best team paint scheme medals.
2012 Trophies and Medals (above)
The entry fee for each Round varies by club but as an example Round 2 and Round 3 were $15 for the first class and $5 for each additional class. These entry fees cover the club race day fee, costs of trophies and organisation. With the number of Rounds increasing from 5 to 9 and the format expanded to include all classes the organising costs have also unfortunately increased. We have kept the entry fees as low as possible. This applies to all rounds except Round 8 at Bendigo where the entry fee will be the Bendigo Classic entry fee + $8.
If a scheduled Round is postponed due to rain then we will work with the host club to arrange an alternative date. If a Round is unable to be run before the next scheduled Round on the program then the Round will be cancelled. If a Round is cancelled then we may re-visit the number of dropped Rounds.
For the latest info and discussion of this Series check out the event thread on RC Tech here